A membership with PAA provides many benefits, including: special rates for professional liability insurance, discounts for goods & services, access to practice advisors, continuing education opportunities, and awards.
As PAA is the voice of, and for, psychology in Alberta, membership will ensure your interests are represented to government, service providers, and the public.
PAA is proud to assist with the following
Advancing Your Professional Identity
- Connects, understands, and supports psychologists, students, and affiliates
- Advocate for psychology & its consumers
- Defend scope of practice
- Enhance psychologists’ opportunities
- Inform the public & media
- Discounted, accredited, & responsive continuing professional development opportunities (http://psychologistsassociation.ab.ca/site/continuing_education_4)
- Recognition & awards (http://psychologistsassociation.ab.ca/site/paa_awards)
- Newsletters, Psymposium, & member advertising rates
- Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Opportunities to network, to get involved, & to shape the profession
- referral service with link to own website (full members)
- access to practice advisors (full members)
- discounted professional liability, home/auto, & office insurance
- discounted rates for goods & services
Membership Benefits for Students
- support through the transition from student to psychologist
- Special Continuing Professional Development Rates (http://psychologistsassociation.ab.ca/site/continuing_education_4)
- Student research awards & presentations (http://psychologistsassociation.ab.ca/site/paa_awards)
- Post your CV & seek employment
- Network with experienced psychologists
For more detailed information, including discount codes, click here
Exclusive professional liability insurance for members of PAA. This CPAP/CPA BMS program brings a new member-centric perspective to the design and delivery of the psychology insurance program, including significant immediate and long-term benefits to policy holders, and access to pro bono legal services from one of the most highly recognized legal defence firms in medical defence and professional liability in Canada.
This free, confidential legal advice is designed to help avoid or reduce the probability of a claim or complaint and is available to participating members should you have questions related to an actual or potential professional liability claim.
Offers PAA members group home and car insurance. You can benefit from special privileges, such as preferred group rates, enhanced coverage and flexible limits.
TD Travel Insurance
PAA preferred rate for PAA members who has home or auto insurance.
TD Merchant Services
Preferred pricing for medical market professionals including psychologists.
Preferred Rate for members of the PAA for Quikcard health benefits for your company employees. Merchant accounts are also available for accepting payment from your clients for psychological services if your client is on the Quikcard plan. Quikcard Solutions Inc. also offers a wide variety of insurance including life, disability and travel insurance.
Year-round membership discounts available at more than 550 participation locations, unlimited mileage, wide selection of quality vehicles, up to 10% off discount and 24 hours emergency roadside assistance.
PAA members can get daily and weekly discount rate in both Canada and the United States.
The Sandman Signature Hotel Edmonton South
Offers from $149 for the standard guestrooms and will extend the privileges to our members for complimentary upgrades upon arrival if the King Suites are available.
Sandman Signature Hotels and Sandman Hotels
Preferred association rates vary at each hotel, depending on location.
Clarion Hotel Calgary Airport
Would like to extend the privileges to PAA members and look forward to providing guaranteed preferred guest room rate starting from $149.00 per night/standard guest room for your business or leisure travel.
*Preferred rates are subject to availability and black out dates
Other Goods & Services
Login Brothers Canada Books
PAA members can purchase psychology books through Login Brothers Canada at a 10% discount
Red Arrow Bus Travel
PAA Members receive preferred pricing at 5% off.